- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.tomas-dvorak.cz
- GitHub: github.com/todvora
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/dvoraktomas
January 2017 - Present: Software Developer, SYMPTOMA GmbH, Austria.
Healthcare startup, information retrieval, APIs and integrations, continuous integration and delivery, tests, clean code and dirty prototypes. Main technologies: Java and Spring, Docker, Gitlab, Vue.js and scripting of all types and flavors.
March 2014 - December 2016: Software Developer, Skidata A.G., Austria.
Working on a communication platform and set of webservices providing communication between different ski systems.
Main technologies: Java EE, JBoss, Hibernate, WebServices, JUnit+Mockito, Oracle DB
August 2008 – February 2014 (5 years 7 months): Freelance software/web developer
Open source projects, non profit project odcizena-vozidla.cz, web presentations for customers, data mining
Webapp security audits (SQL injection and XSS vulnerabilities, unauthorized access)
September 2008 – July 2013 (4 years 11 months): Software development manager, Java developer IVITERA a.s., Czech Republic.
Responsible for development, long term maintenance and enhancement of Java based web portals. For example educity.cz, hrnews.cz, selflearning.cz, jobcity.cz and many other
Providing datasets and customized web applications for large companies mostly in telco, IT, financial and energo sectors
Website traffic analysis tool development - tens of millions of records every year, realtime data, Wicket frontend, MongoDB storage
Large set of tests, tools and Continuous Integration utilities for quality assurance (Teamcity, JUnit, Nagios, Git)
Main backend technologies: Java, Groovy, Wicket, GWT, Webservices, NoSQL DB, Python, Apache, Tomcat
May 2008 – April 2010 (2 years): Elektro Euron s.r.o., Czech Republic
Management of ICT Infrastructure, administering Windows SBS 2003, Debian, management and maintenance of workstations, Helios IS administration, network monitoring
November 2007 – April 2008 (6 months): PHP programmer, Netspring s.r.o., Czech Republic, CMS and CRM development and modifications, configuration and administration of MySQL, Smarty template language, communication with customers.
March 2007 – March 2008 (1 year): Java Developer, YoungBrains s.r.o., Czech Republic,
Developer of portal for real estate companies, JEE and postgreSQL, designer of the object model, backend implementations.
- 2009–2011 : University of West Bohemia in Pilsen, The Faculty of Applied Sciences
Master study, Computer Science - Software Engineering
(Completed only first two semesters, then terminated because of work reasons)
- 2005–2009 : University of West Bohemia in Pilsen, The Faculty of Applied Sciences
Computer Science and Engineering - Bachelor study - Information Technologies
- 2001–2005 : Gymnasium Cheb,
Graduation: Math, IT, English, Czech language
- Czech (Native)
- English (Professional working proficiency)
- German (Working proficiency)
- Spanish (Elementary proficiency)
- Java client for electronic Registration of Sales in CZ
- Gitbook plugin: Image Captions
- Wicket Lambdamodel
- Database of Stolen Cars
- Apache Velocity templates validator
- Unofficial API to the official CZ police database of stolen vehicles
- Interactive map of Czechpoints (network of assisted public administration centres):
- Variety - schema analyzer for MongoDB
- And other, listed on my GitHub Profile.
- Principles of Reactive Programming by École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Jun 2015 [view certificate]
- Machine Learning by Stanford University, Sep 2014 [view certificate]
- Functional Programming Principles in Scala by École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Jul 2014 [view certificate]
- R programming by Johns Hopkins University, May 2014 [view certificate]
- Cryptography I by Stanford University, Mar 2014 [view certificate]
- MongoDB for DBAs by 10gen, Jan 2014 [view certificate]
- MongoDB for Java developers by 10gen, Dec 2013 [view certificate]